вторник, 29 марта 2011 г.

Krakow

This winter I finally have reached Poland! I was going to do it for a looooong time, so Warsaw and Krakow, here I am :) And I totally felt in love with Krakow! A lot of Gothic churches, big royal castle, sunny weather, great food - what else may I wish from a city? :)

Kraków is the second largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland. Situated on the Vistula River in the Lesser Poland region, the city dates back to the 7th century. Kraków has traditionally been one of the leading centres of Polish academic, cultural and artistic life and is one of Poland's most important economic centres. It was the capital of Poland from 1038 to 1596.
As I prefer castles to churches, I was more than happy and enthusiastic to see the famous Wawel Castel and it absolutely met my expectations. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to visit the Sigismund Bell and Dragon’s Den doesn't work in January, so I definitely have to come back and to do all this and much more :)

1 комментарий: